You engage professionals and you expect them to do a professional job. When they don’t and you suffer a loss, we can help.
We have experience pursuing professional malpractice claims against a wide range of professionals, including doctors, lawyers, real estate agents, and accountants.
There are four elements that must be established to win a professional malpractice case:
- Duty of care:
- the professional and the client are in a sufficiently proximate relationship such that the professional owned the client a duty of care
- Breach of standard of care:
- the professional’s conduct fell below the standard of care of a reasonably prudent professional in that area of practice
- the client suffered provable damages or injury
- the professional’s conduct caused the client’s damages or injury
Professional malpractice suits are often complex because they involve expert testimonies. Expert evidence is typically required to establish the applicable standard of care and that the professional deviated from that standard. At Landy Marr Kats LLP, we will make sure we engage the right expert and put forward the best case possible for you.
Landy Marr Kats LLP is also routinely engaged by insurance companies and individuals to defend malpractice lawsuits and disciplinary proceedings against professionals.